Telluride Review

by: horse - Dec 22, 2007

Date Visited: Dec 22, 2007

My first trip to Telluride was in 1974. I loved it then and love it know. The mix of the old town and the mountain village is great. Flying into Montrose from any major city is easy. Once you get into Montrose take a shuttle because once you get into Tellride you do not need a car. The bus and gondola will take you where you want to go. This makes for a true vacation. I prefer to stay in the old town. You can pay any price for good food. There is every type of skiing from the very beginner to the best over the top skier. They have one of best beginner package at the best price of anywhere I have seen. The views from the gondola and on top of See Forever will take your breath away. You must go to Allred's who has the best food you will ever have or just for a drink at night. The view is great. I will be in Tellruide in January. I am trip coodinator for the Huntsville Ski Club in Huntsville, Al. I have skied every big resort in North America. Everytime I go back to Tellruide it is like going home because of the skiing and just the whole experience of the resort. THERE IS NOT PLACE LIKE TELLURIDE.