Continually a great ski destination

by: hochard - Jan 6, 2011

Pros: Long ski runs

Cons: none

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2011

I cannot reiterate enough what a great ski destination Sunrise Park resort continues to provide.

The ski runs are long and challenging.

We backed up a Thanksgiving 2010, Christmas 2010 and New Years 2011 week ski vacation to Colorado and Utah ski resorts with a quick two-day trip to Sunrise Park during the New Year 2011 week. I have been skiing my days away this ski season prior to hitting Sunrise Park this week. The first half day my legs where nearly worn out. I attribute this to the length of the ski runs at Sunrise Park! In the two-months that I skied in Colorado and Utah, I did not wear down once but when I hit the long ski runs at Sunrise Park, my second day on the slopes was the first day all season that I quit skiing prior to the lifts closing.

I cannot quite figure out why there are such negative attitudes related to Sunrise Park in the reviews. I have never had a difficult time with a single person at Sunrise Park.

Are there things about Sunrise Park that I would change, sure… but name one park where that is not the case?

Seriously, if you cannot appreciate Sunrise Park you cannot appreciate skiing. There is no waiting in the lift lines and frequently there is not even another person in sight on the ski run.