by: Joe - 10th May 2010

Powder, Glades and Powder
Shuttles, flats

Park City was an absolute blast! There is something going on in Utah...they have no snow. It’s ALL powder!!! You feel as if you're boarding/skiing on air. The terrain and conditions we experienced blew me away. It snowed for 24 hours a day for the entire trip. The staff was extremely polite. The ski patrol was unlike any I have ever seen. Not only were they everywhere, but they showed a true concern for exhausted skiers. At one point my friend was lost on Jupiter Bowl for close to a half hour. When she finally found her way to the base of the lift, she dropped to her knees from exhaustion. Ski patrol was over and offering her water and a ride to the base within seconds. I was impressed. The nightlife was decent. Maybe we just never really found it. We went the week after the Film Festival, so we were expecting a crazy bar/party scene...not the case. We kept to the same 3 bars for most of the trip. Not a horrible time, but we had higher expectations. My main complaint is that you need to take a shuttle EVERYWHERE you go, and they weren't the easiest things to figure out. Overall, this mountain is for everyone and anyone. A must do!