Absolutely Amazing Week

by: ilovepow - May 10, 2010

Pros: Powder, Glades and Powder

Cons: Shuttles, flats

Recommended For: Singles, Family Friendly

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2009

Park City was an absolute blast! There is something going on in Utah...they have no snow. It’s ALL powder!!! You feel as if you're boarding/skiing on air. The terrain and conditions we experienced blew me away. It snowed for 24 hours a day for the entire trip.

The staff was extremely polite. The ski patrol was unlike any I have ever seen. Not only were they everywhere, but they showed a true concern for exhausted skiers. At one point my friend was lost on Jupiter Bowl for close to a half hour. When she finally found her way to the base of the lift, she dropped to her knees from exhaustion. Ski patrol was over and offering her water and a ride to the base within seconds. I was impressed.

The nightlife was decent. Maybe we just never really found it. We went the week after the Film Festival, so we were expecting a crazy bar/party scene...not the case. We kept to the same 3 bars for most of the trip. Not a horrible time, but we had higher expectations.

My main complaint is that you need to take a shuttle EVERYWHERE you go, and they weren't the easiest things to figure out. Overall, this mountain is for everyone and anyone. A must do!