by: bpc42 - 6th March 2010

Lessons
none

I took my 7 yo daughter for her first time skiing. We did the ski ranger program with the two sessions at 10 am and 12pm. and included lunch and rentals ($78). When we joined the group there was only one other child and my daughter and there was 2 instructors. I was amazed when the one instructor took the other girl (who had skied before) right up the lift. My daughter started on the magic carpet and by the end of the hour she was going up the lift. The instructor stayed with her through both sessions and even ate lunch with her. She basically got 2 private lessons ($130 each) for the group rate. By the end she was turning, stopping and going up the lift like a pro. When the sessions ended the instructor gave me some tips to help her. We had planned on going tubing after her lessons, but when I asked my daughter she said, "I WANT TO SKI SOME MORE DADDY" She didn't have to twist my arm, so I got my equipment and a ticket and we skied the rest of the day/evening. I don't know who was more tired at the end. Our instructor (Michelle) and all the others seemed to be great with the kids. The conditions were not great. The snow was very heavy and granular, but what can you expect for March. I highly recommend taking a first timer during the week, and go early. The 10 am lesson was empty compared to the 12pm.