by: SSS - 23rd February 2010

groomed, variety, fun for everyone
crowded, lack of knowledgeable employees, no nightlife

We had a great time at Snowmass. We rented a house slopeside which was amazing. There is so much to do other than skiing/snowboarding. You can find most the info at the main ticketing offices. They have snowshoeing and cross country skiing tours plus a ton of other activities that are not widely advertised. The classes were great! I learned a lot and had a few great instructors. Some of the trails were really crowded.. too crowded. The other con was that the nightlife was limited but we did go into Aspen a few nights. For those of you not used to driving in snow there is a free bus that goes back and forth between the village and Aspen. If I knew now.... I would have done more research on rentals and only rented from Four Mountain the day of my class since the skis come with the Beginners Magic class. There are other rental shops in the village and mall that are much more personalized and customer service orientated, not to mention more cost effective. I wasn't impressed with the employees at four mountain and in ticketing. It seems that there is no protocol on how to handle situations and everyone does things a different way. I purchased in advance - which I do not recommend unless you are 100% certain you are not going to add or change anything. Everyone that touched my account did something different - all because I did one Beg. Magic snowboard class, decided it wasn't for me, and decided to take the Beg. Magic Ski class. Somehow I was charged a general lift ticket & rentals for that day AND charged for the rentals and lift ticket that were included in the class... It took a lot of arguing for Ticketing to help out. I was told by an off duty instructor next time to just sign up for the class in advance and do everything when you get here. Will I go back? Sure it was great skiing but I think I will check some other places out first.