Great for small children learning to ski...thats about it

by: rupprechtc - Feb 14, 2010

Pros: Easy runs, family friendly

Cons: Awful Rental Department, Short runs, Slow Lifts, Bad Snow, Poorly Maintained Trails, Icey,

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2010

Went to Nashoba on a whim this morning. Started the morning at their rental facility, I requested a ski length and boot size, and was promptly given something else in both cases. After literally showing the tech the bruises on my feet from the boots that were small, the finally agreed to fill my initial request.

The hill, is just that, a hill. No run in the entire place took longer then 30 seconds [my wife timed them]. The lifts were slow but that was expected. Lots of kids cutting in line for the lift near the terrain park, which went unchecked by anyone at the place.

In regards to the terrain park, I didn't spend any time in there, but it looked a little slow making it tough for kids to get anything going.

The snow if you can call it that was literally the worst I have ever skied on, and I grew up in New Jersey.

I have skied in 12 states, and 5 countries, and without a doubt this was the worst.

One thing that Nashoba had going for it, is it is very family friendly. If you are looking for someplace to take your child to teach them to ski, this mountain would be great as it is not intimidating and has easy short runs.