by: bb234 - 10th February 2010

Best powder skiing I've had in Pa.
Had to go home too early

My 2 friends and I ,all advanced intermediates, skied most of the day 2/9/10. The snow had just started about 1PM. Conditions were fantastic. The powder was dry and light and fluffy. Not crowded at all. We skied all the runs. By 6:30Pm there was at least 6-7 inches of fresh powder and it just kept snowing all night. We had to leave to go home . The roads were plowed and pretty good when we left at 7:30PM.Tues. The people were very friendly. The runs were well maintained and there is nothing wrong with their lifts as some one else suggested . Occasionally lifts must be stopped for skiers who have fallen at the bottom or top of the lift or even midway. You can't always see what the problem is- most times it is the people causing the lift to stop. The terrain park was in great shape . It is a small eastern resort that does everything they can to maximize their terrain. they are NOT a big Rocky Mountain resort. The snow yesterday was as good as any day I skied in the west on powder. I've skieed 70 differenet ski resorts so far and this small area does one of the best jobs I've seen. Their flex tickets are my favorite part and you can go tubing too. Their ski school is top notch - I'm a PSIA certified ski instructor (not teaching right now) and I can say that their instructors are well trained and dedicated.I have lived over 20 years in both Park City Utah and Colorado and this place is a gem. Yes it can get crowded on weekends like all ski resorts but it was heavenly yesterday and I heard they got 15 inches total of new powder. Try it out - the food is good too.