by: dawn - 20th January 2012

The workers were friendly.
Dangerous! Inconsiderate Management

We brought our nieces and nephew as a Christmas present. Worst gift they got i'm sure. First, the website advertises family tubes, but does not say that they cost an additional $75 on top of the $32 per person fee. Just a doubles tube was an additional $50! The hills were so icy people were launching over the small snow curb that was meant to stop them and landing on the bricks behind. No one was there to monitor this at all. So we decided to go across the street, That is where i did my first run with my 4 yr old niece. I held onto her rope and we went down together in individual tubes. Thank god i didn't let her go herself which they would have allowed. When we got to the bottom of the "easiest" hill we were supposed to come to a stop, get off the tubes, and walk down the rest of the way. Conditions were so icy we kept going and rammed the "magic carpet ride" conveyor belt. No one came to our assistance or seemed concerned. My niece bit through her lip and blood was everywhere. No one was available in the first aid station. To remedy the icy situation they drove a huge tractor like piece of machinery over the snow. The manager proceeded to scream at all of us tubers to get out of the way if we didn't want to get run over. He actually gave me a shove when i wasn't moving fast enough for him which made me slip and fall on top of my poor niece. I turned around and told him to not touch me again and he said "then get out of the way!" The snack bar was a disaster area with a very limited amount of greasy options and over priced beverages. The only good thing about this place was the workers. The owner and manager kept yelling at them in front of us patrons, making us feel really bad for them which then made us feel uncomfortable. He also kept cutting them which left the already dangerous conditions horrifyingly understaffed. They seemed like good kids, probably from some Eastern European country and took it all in stride. When i commiserated with one of them he said "i can't talk against him or i'll be fired" The whole place is an overpriced, danger-zone that is understaffed and overpriced.