by: toastedbread - 13th February 2010

Not too far from NYC, packed powder
Main lodge is too small

I had a great time at the slopes with 2 friends. The trails are well groomed, the snow is really packed and the lines were short. Although none of us took lessons, I think it is a very good place for beginners as they have 2 slopes for learners and beginners and you dont have to do side stepping to climb up the bunny slopes while learning. The green trails were relatively easy too. I really enjoyed the Deer Run trail as it is scenic and easy to get down. I used to like Sundown in CT before but I now like this place much better as it is less crowded and crazy. Like the other review mentioned, the toilets are really clean and the rental place lets you put your shoes on their boots rack (which is really smart and I wonder why other mountains dont do that!) after you put on your boots so there is no need for lockers for shoes or for that matter, have shoes lying around everywhere. All in all, the amenities and layout of the whole place is very well thought of and planned. The only complain I have is it is difficult to find a table during lunch time so I would advise most to avoid lunch time by eating earlier or later than the usual meal time if possible. I recommend the chicken tenders and the cappuccino from the cafeteria.