Wolf Creek Ski Area Review

by: anonymous_user - Jan 31, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 31, 2008

We skied Wolf Creek in early December after they had received 99 inches of snow in 3 or 4 days. The powder was wonderful! However, I feel that Wolf Creek REALLY needs to invest in a trail marking system. Being new to the mountain, we had a very difficult time deciding which trails were which. We also ended up going on the Alberta Lift, not knowing that the trails were ungroomed and designed for more advanced skiers. The trail map did not indicate this and since that time I have only found one place that said that it was more appropriate for advanced/expert skiers. Needless to say, we ended up "cross country" skiing for over an hour, with it snowing like crazy and darkness approaching. Thank God for cell phone coverage. We called the resort to let them know where we were and they met us at the lift. I am not a stupid skier and would never have gone on the Alberta had I been forewarned. So, those of you new to the mountain, take heed.

With all that said, I will definitely go back to Wolf Creek. The people were very friendly and aside from my "little" adventure, I had a great time.