Great Family Ski Area

by: Sara Carroll - Mar 12, 2014

Pros: Variety of levels, multiple chutes/off runs, great price, great snow

Cons: See below

Date Visited: Sep 14, 2003

We really enjoyed this ski area for our family. A variety of levels - a green/blue cat track may have blacks running down so the parents can go one way and the kids go another way and we can meet up at several points before getting to the bottom. There are some run outs on the far side that you need some speed or you're poling it (not fun with kids). I loved that they don't have a terrain park - so my kids (9,7,5) really learn how to ski instead of spending time going over little jumps. The staff at the Ravens nest were very friendly and helpful. Texas Spring Break week is very busy - there were at least 2x as many people on Monday (3/9) as there were on Sunday and the smallish chair lift areas and lodges aren't really sufficient. (We like the Wolf Pup ski school on Sunday for the 5-yr old, but Monday was chaos so we just kept him with us.) So if you're not on break that week, I'd definite come some other time. 30 minute drive from the Wyndham resort area in Pagosa Springs was easy and after a day of skiing the kids and hubby enjoyed their "beers" (micro- and root-).