by: OnTheSnowAgain - 30th March 2010

awesome snow, good terrain mix, NO LINES, reasonable prices
none

We are very impressed with Wolf Creek. Perfect snow and NO lines....at spring break?! We skied Breck 3 days. My daughter kept texting friends at Wolf Creek. They said "best snow and no lines"... we couldn't resist driving down to Wolf Creek and trying it out. That was a great decision. Two of us had boots. Three of us rented skis in South Fork. My son has a 9.5 foot (27.0), and the knucklehead at Doc's tried to fit my son into a 28.5 boot. My son didn't know any better, but I got that fixed. I knew then I needed to worry about the skis. When we got to the slopes, we found that one of my daughter's bindings hadn't been fitted to the boot. We took it to the rental place at the resort, and they adjusted it for us in a hurry, no problem. Whew! Crises averted. Next time, I will use the rentals at the resort. It snowed throughout the morning, so it was a little hard to see for awhile, but the new snow was great. It took us a little while to figure out the layout of the runs. But when we really got going, we couldn't get enough. My kids started at beginning ski school day 1 at Breck. We skied there 3 days. At Wolf Creek on our 4th skiing day they turned into ski nuts! By the middle of the afternoon, we were skiing all the blue runs hard, and some of the blacks. Staff at Wolf Creek were friendly and helpful. Food was reasonable, unlike Breck. The terrain was perfect for us transitioning from blues to blacks, and the snow was terrific. Isn't it great to ski on groomed runs with good fresh power?! Not much food choice of course in South Fork. No night life at the resort. Not much better at South Fork. Overall, we thought Wolf Creek was fantastic, and we can't wait to go back. My kids are addicted now to skiing, and we have memories that will last a lifetime. I don't know how it could have been better.