by: anonymous_user - 10th February 2008

Winter Park was awesome. Arrived on 2/1/08 and had an awesome time. My wife and i were skiing for our 2nd time. The first day we stayed on the easier greens, Bill Wilson's way was a great place to get back in the groove. We then went on to Jack Kendrick and absolutely loved it. Village way is an awesome run from the top, only a couple of flats, but if you don't feel comfortable on Kenndrick, i would advise perfecting it before trying the greens off of the top of the mountain, some of these are pretty tough for greens. By the second day, we were skiing March Hare to Village way, which is an awesome run from the top of the mountain all the way to the base. Our last run on Monday, my wife and I went to the top of the Jane, and skied Switchyard to Village Way in fresh powder by ourselves most of the way down, this run is about 2200 ft. verticle drop, "unbelievable for 2nd timers". We stayed at the Iron Horse, which was O.K., but could use some updating, and not ski in/out unless you can ski blues comfortably. The ski rental shop there was convenient and the people were very friendly and helpful. Winter Park is an awesome place to ski, and the Winter Park employees were very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to the host from Iowa City that helped my buddy get down from the top of the mountain after one too many crashes! We will definitely be back. What an awesome experience! Anonymous from Louisiana.