Winter Park Resort Review

by: anonymous_user - Oct 14, 2007

Date Visited: Oct 14, 2007

Winter Park / Mary Jane: Where skiers ski!

Interwest has been changing Winter Park from a ski mountain to a ski resort. There is something for everyone, however, if you are an expert skier and like to ski bumps, then Mary Jane makes your dreams come true.

My favorite runs by skier level:

Beginning / Intermidiate:

Ski the Olympia Express lift, Pioneer Express lift, and Highlonesome Express. Unfortunately getting back the base is a little tough for beginners and intermidiates becuase choices are limited. Avoid Turnpike at all costs. You will have to push or walk. Take Village Way and make sure you ski in control and watch out for everyone else.

Note: Winter Park probably has one of the best ski schools in Colorado.

Expert (Bumpers):

Mary Jane is better than anything you have ever dreamed of. I have skied every resort in Colorado and continue to come bak to Mary Jane because of the bumps. Right now as I close my eyes I can see the lines I am going to take this season.

Start your day taking the Zephyer Express to the top of Winter Park. Head straight to Outhouse. Ski Outhouse, Drunken Frenchman (Best bump run in Colorado), Gandy Dancer, Sluice Box, Riflesight Notch, Phantom Bridge, Rail Bender, Derailer, Cannonball, Drunken Frenchman, Drunken Frenchman, Phantom Bridge, Drunken Frenchman, Gandy Dancer, Drunken Frenchman. If you can do more try Short Haul / Long Haul, Needles Eye.

15 bump runs and my legs are tired. Time for a nap, then out for dinner and beers. See you in the morning and we will do it again.

Do not forget to stop for a beer and slice of pizza in Pepporoni's.

See you on Drunken Frenchman.

Cheers!