Winter Park Resort Review

by: anonymous_user - Mar 24, 2007

Date Visited: Mar 24, 2007

Took my 3 kids to WP over Spring Break, great skiing but the kids had a tough time with all of the flats... I don't really care for it either. We love the variety of the blues and greens but we were all dissapointed to see so many bump runs wasting what could be some excellant trails for the masses instead of the relatively few people who ski them. Would be nice to have signs posted or a Host on site in the AM to guide skiers to the Arrow lift instead of the Gemini because the line and congestion is out of hand most days. We waited in line for at least 30 minutes (on a Tuesday) before the person scanning the lift tickets at the front of the line told us that Arrow would be quicker. Yes I can read a map but the kids wouldn't take my word for it, however once they heard it from an "official" they were ok with taking Arrow. Hmmm, what else?? More ski racks at the bottom. It gets so busy and congested that the racks get full and people lay their skis all over the ground, as if walking in this flat area isn't a pain already. If you have someone drop you off at the designated drop off locations the walks to the base are very long and not realistic for younger kids or even adults to carry their gear that far. The bus sytem is excellant and highly recommended! I know this review may seem harsh but in my opinion these things need to be addressed soon in order to make the experience really stand out. Because of this experience we've decided to go somewhere else next year in hopes of finding less flat areas, a better layout and fewer bumps so we can actually take advantage of all the acres these places brag about. Overall we enjoyed Winter Park, the views, our Fraser condo but grew tired of the hassles of the mountain after the 2nd day of a four day ski trip.