by: anonymous_user - 31st January 2007

I've skied WP for 25 years and know it pretty well. Overall, I love the mountain but I do have a few bones to pick: 1. The ONLY advanced intermediate cruiser run on the WP side is Hughs. Yet it remains closed off most of the time because of racing. Get with it folks! Put the lycra set somewhere where they aren't in our way. And don't close your signature run to the general public so a few racers can strut their stuff! 2. Groom some of the bump runs on Mary Jane. There was talk of it a few years ago but it doesn't seem to be happening. Yea some of the "jane gang" are going to whine, but again, the general public needs a place to let 'em run without competing with 2500 intermediates trying to get down Sleeper...which brings me to my next point... 3. ALWAYS groom Sleeper. This run becomes the glazed over rock garden from hell by 1pm and a daily (and maybe mid day grooming would help. 4. From my previous comments you'd think I was a cruiser but I ski trees 90% of the time. WP has the best variety anywhere I've ever been!! Glading for beetle kill is fine, but don't put named runs in formerly unnamed trees and keep your rope lines out of Parsen's backside. Particularly the one on skiers right - what's up with that? 5. Why is the area near a 50" base with only 80% of expert terrain open. Patrol needs to get out of the hut and do whatever it takes to get Vasquez Cirque open and safe. A big deal was made about it when it opened, but it seems to be the forgotten child. And while you're at it, run a snowcat or squad of snowmobiles to get folks back to the cirque. 6. The C lot is a little slice of heaven. Never close it and never charge for parking. You could put a stronger fan in the restroom however. The mornings get a bit stiff (if you know what I mean). You can have your I 70 resorts and the traffic jams, outlet stores, and condo farms. Me and my kind love WP and want it to be the best it can be!!