by: anonymous_user - 2nd November 2006

I have made three trips from Atlanta to Winter Park and every mile was worth it! I have skiied Austria, Italy, Mammoth Ca, Cranmore and Sugar Mountain NH and then discovered Winter Park!! It is sooooooooooooo great - the variety of runs - groomed ungroomed and off piste are so varied that it meets almost anyone's needs. Every time I have been there over the past 3 years we have had new powder for about 50% of the time which makes for great variety - even on the groomed slopes. The terrain park is great with some interesting jumps and rails - my son just can't get enough BUT the best kept secret is the Parsen Bowl and the back bowls for the advanced skiers. We just can't get enough - the tiny 2 seater lift makes it slow getting to the top. The new lifts hopefully will make this easier to reach - but lets hope not too crowded. As for the village itself - it has nice resturants, not too expensive, and just outside of town is the tubing park -great for the young (and old 60+) kids to have a ball. The only downside to Winter Park is its lack of Apres Ski - something most US ski venues need to do something about. Europe is the best in this category - those Continentals know how to Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my book Winter Park is worth a Visit - I promise you will go back.