by: Dan - 27th December 2011

EVERYTHING
I don't live there...

I learned to ski at WP 15 years ago, thus WP is my home mountain. Back then it was an ominous rock that intimidated me but was capable of providing me with ample runs to practice my skills. 15 years and many, many, changes later I see the mountain I grew up loving turn into a beast of a ski resort. Every kind of terrain can be found on your choice of 2 mountains....right next to each other. Trails upon trails upon off-piste stashes and plenty of bowl for everyone. This mountain commands respect and the ability to read a trail map and if both are part of your skill set you will be greatly rewarded.Trails for every ski level, an awesome ski school, great lifts, and wonderful amenities make this an all around excellent place to learn or kick back and ski the bases off your sticks. I'm not some fan-boy of WP/MJ, I truly think this is some of the best skiing and town life of all the Rocky/Siera mountains. BTW, the accomodations in this town are plentiful and you will not find an end to the food/bars/shopping. Wife doesn't ski? Your golden, drop her off in town..she'll forget about you. If you are planning a CO trip just get off your plane in Denver and drive west. Simple.