Winter Park Resort Review

by: highvoltage-guy - Dec 4, 2007

Date Visited: Dec 4, 2007

I just posted a review and then decided to read most the other comments posted on this site. And I have to say I'm dissapointed by the negativity I've read about Winter Park. However, if you're one of the many "future first time" visitors who really need to know what this place is like before you commit to going and are reading this and other reviews for insight as to going or not, let me say this. There are two ski areas here. One is Winter Park and you can believe all the reviews, good or bad (mostly bad) regarding the terrain,staff,long lines and crowded cafeterias. But there is another part of Winter Park that is totally different- Mary Jane. Do yourself a favor and read my comments posted earlier. Sure the tickets cost the same as Winter Park, sure the drive back home on I-70 sucks, sure the foods expensive and the cafeteria is crowded. But listen, there is another way to enjoy Winter Park. (1)Get to the Jane early. Not 8:00 or 9:00, but 7:00! Why? Because you can beat the traffic up there.(2)Bring your lunch.(3)Bring your libations(very important). (4)Bring your RV if you have one and spend the night! (5)SKI HARD! without a break,then eat or drink your lunch, (6) SKI HARD AGAIN! Pack up your gear, your trash, your dog and the old lady and beat the traffic again by leaving by 2:00. See. Easy. And If your spending the night either in your RV,car,van,tent or condo repeat steps 5&6.