by: A. cooper - 30th November 2009

Big everything
weekends

Hard to beat this grand dame of US skiing!! Big terrian , deep snow, unbeatable veiws! I should state that I go to any hill for the skiing first and foremost. Call me old school but I don't go for the shopping and spas! I enjoy a fine dinning experince as much as anyone but, I love skiing beyond apres ski and rate hills with this in mind..is all about the hill! Vail is still one of the top resorts in north america for the right reasons. Super variety of hill from relaxed smoothies to heart pounding steeps. Need to ease up on the legs?? go green , need a shot of adrenalin? back bowls baby! We could ski this for a week and never cross our tracks but once you have found your ideal slope, it may be hard to pass it by for more unexplored country. This BIG hill also brings BIG crowds. Like anywhere we ski,a little plannig goes a long way to more enjoyment. Timing is everything, get to the lifts early and avoid holidays. Hit this place on the right week and you may never want to leave...until Saturday AM.