by: Ian-England - 22nd February 2009

Excellent skiing
Didn't feel real

We stayed in Frisco, Summit County and travelled to a different resort each day, so this review is about day skiing, not night life. It started with $20 to park about 20 mins walk from the slopes, which put us into a negative mood. Took the lift straight over to the Back Bowls, where the skiing was generally good, except in the "russian" sector, where it was poor. We then went over to Blue Sky, where Lovers Leep, Steep & Deep and Champagne Glade were all excellent, Although the skiing was really good, I have to say that this was my least favourite of the Colorado resorts that we visited, and I cannot really put my finger on why. It was much bigger than the others (almost the size of a French resort), with much more grooming, and more crowds. Howevever, the lifts were very efficient, and queues non-existent. I think it felt more managed and less mountaineering than the other resorts that we visited. I hope to go to Colorado skiing again, as it was definitely much better than europe, but will not include Vail in my destinations.