by: youngCOloke - 1st November 2010

I couldn't think of anything good.

I see all of these great postings of Vail and I have to wonder have the authors ever skiied anywhere else, or are their opinions with ski resorts and everything else in life that much different than mine? I am sure it would be a great place if you have boat loads of money and really don't like to ski. The last time I went, my friend and I drove up and starting from 50$ parking we drove away from the resort, very far away. We finally found free parking in front of Safeway where we then took two separate buses to get to the resort. There are so many cons. 80$ ski rentals, long long lines, and expensive tickets. Along with some of the most expensive tickets I have seen in Colorado comes the shortest day of skiing. They close at 3:30!! There is one exception, if you are planning on eating dinner on top of the mountain, then you can get on the gondola past that time (I believe without your skis). I am sorry for the negativety, but it is just the route most resort skiing has gone; it is no longer a step to the outdoors bringing along a natural adventure. Standing in these long I-70 lines is analogous to Water World and Disney Land. If you like Disney Land and Water World, I am sure you would like Vail.