Awesome town!

by: CJIH in Texas - Jan 3, 2009

Pros: Love everything!

Cons: NONE!

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2008

My husband treated my daughter and me to a trip to Telluride last week. The snow was the best I've seen in my 32 years of skiing, the weather was beautiful, the accomodations were absolutely charming and elegant, and all the food we could sink our teeth into was terrific! The main attraction about Telluride is that there are two distinctly different areas, but both are very enjoyable. The quaint and full-of-character Town of Telluride has awesome food, entertainment, and lodging. The Town of Mountain Village has top-of-the-line accomodations...beautiful homes, townhomes, condos and hotels. And it has its own incredibly delicious restaurants, bakeries, bars and grills.

I have never had a meal I didn't like, or a moment I didn't savor in Telluride. The scenery is absolutely the most incredible I've seen as far as mountains go, and I never get tired of the view. The people are varied and warm. Telluride doesn't attract bunches and bunches of crazy college kids...(it has its share but not that many)...just people who appreciate its beauty, its quality skiing, dining, lodging and entertainment options. We have been to Telluride to see the aspens change color (October), to ski in the Spring, and to ski in December. I enjoyed all three vacations and hear that summer is incredible too.

If you are trying to decide if you should visit Telluride, don't wonder any longer. Make your plans and you'll be glad you did.