by: anonymous_user - 2nd December 2007

You don't want to go here. Dreadful. Horrid people, louse snow, long lines. Don't bother... OK, OK, I'm just trying to keep it all to myself :-) Telluride is the most wonderful place. Lift lines were unheard-of through mid-week and on the Friday afternoon I caught myself saying "damn, there's a line" when we got to the bottom of lift 12 and there were _three_ people in front of us! There's a real mix of terrain, from the extreme, throw yourself off a cliff type stuff through to intermediate/beginner trails that wind through forests and go on for miles (Galloping Goose runs for nearly five miles). The apres-ski is also great; not only is the town full of great restaurants but it has every conceivable type of bar, from dive-bar, ski-bum hangouts and saloons, through pool bars and brew pubs to cocktail lounges and champagne (and oxygen!) bars. There's also lots to do and see in town if people in your group don't ski; my wife's parents loved the cross-country skiing and the skating as well as the history and architecture.