Telluride Review

by: anonymous_user - Oct 8, 2007

Date Visited: Oct 8, 2007

I really got my money's worth last season from every lift ticket! I went everywhere on the mountain and the longest I waited in a lift line was two minutes! Really! Most of the time I went right on the chair without stopping. I thought I must be missing something, this is too good to be true. Are there few skiiers here because the terrain is too easy or too hard? NO!

The menu was all I could eat. It's BIG! I had to stop for lunch at little quaint Guiseppes on the peak because I was skiied out.

I loved lift 9 and 6 and 5 and 4 and 10. Bushwacker is a blast under any conditions. Steep and long. When they groom it (they did it twice when I was there) it is like flying. The plunge and Mammoth give you lots of steep bumps if you like them as much as I do. If you are not in good condition, you have to stop somewhere on these upper runs.

The views are spectacular and I was stopping just to look too. I like to go to the blues and greens down See Forever from 12,000 ft to 9,700 ft non-stop, then rest on the lift. Lift 10 is two miles of two main runs, greens and blues except through the trees if you want to go there. I got up to the top on the fast quad and ran it over and over. Lift 5 has lots of intermediate runs, including a big wide intermediate bump run I did over and over again too.

I thought it couldn't get any better, then it snowed the light Rockies powder overnight! The fresh powder was delicious here there and everywhere. Try Peekaboo from the top of lift 4. That was my secret.

I also went back into the Disneyland playground of Prospect Bowl. I Skiied around the trees and ups and downs. Then, I went up Lift 14 to the highest on Gold Hill and down Steep wide Electra.

Ahhhh! I have to hoot! I am going for two weeks again this year. I got 10 days of discount tickets online already right from Telski. It was a little hard getting there, but its really, really worth it. No crowds.

Oh, I forgot. There are some great restaurants and some bars with live music. All the people are friendly. There is always something to do and people to meet. Look for the Yellow Ski Suit.