by: anonymous_user - 10th March 2007

I have skiied out west at 7 resorts now, as well as a slew of resorts in New England, and Telluride was undoubtedly the best. Telluride has everything you need in a trip, all squeezed into one small, stunning box canyon. The amazing thing is that Telluride provides everything that you could get at a behemoth like Breckenridge and more, and does it with less acres and trails, a smaller town, a much smaller ego, and NO CROWDS. The mountain has the reputation as being a daredevil's mountain because of its steeps, so it took a lot of convincing to go there. Well sure enough all 8 of us on the family trip had a great time. The old town is wonderful, we had a great condo for a great price, and those in the family who got tired by lunchtime had a great tiem walking down Main Street, shopping, etc. The less experienced skiers loved Prospect Bowl. It gave them a chance to ski isolated, natural, high alpine terrain that was gentle enough for their liking. For the serious skiers, myself included, Telluride was a blast. The steepness of some of the runs on Gold Hill can't be described. Andy's Gold is a "can't miss". I also loved Buzz's Glade. If you love the bumps like I do, head to the front side. World class mogul lines! My favorite trail of all, however, was the East Drain. If you've never skied a riverbed, you gotta try it. Last, and certainly not least, Telluride has some of the best scenery anywhere. I'd say it is as pretty as Lake Tahoe. Telluride isn't as hard to get to as everyone says, but I'm glad people think it is, I enjoyed feeling like I had the greatest mountain in North America to myself. But now that I've let you in on this little secret, don't pass it up. It will be the best ski vacation you take, and the rest of your family and friends will feel the same way, no matter what kinda stuff they are into.