Telluride Review

by: anonymous_user - Nov 16, 2006

Date Visited: Nov 16, 2006

Wow! This is the best kept secret of the Rockies! NO LIFT LINES!....Really! Fast Lifts. You can wear yourself out in half a day. I HAD to stop midday for lunch. Heliskiing..the image here is looking back up the hill. I did it twice. Four long runs for the day in deep virgin powder and blue skies! You can even just pay for ONE run at a time if you like (be careful, you will be hooked). The 13000 ft peaks all around are amazing! My favorite runs are Bushwacker, Plunge, and Lookout on the town side, and Peek-a-Boo, and Palmyra, and Gold Hill on the village side. These are all pretty steep and smooth. grooming is frequent except Gold Hill. Oh, and thru the trees on Apex, or big bump runs! Ahhh! Mammoth, Spiral Stairs, Joint Point, Can't Make 'em. Even Sundance on the green-blue mile-long run got me into nice freshies on the edge with plenty of pitch. The Free gondola takes you to and from town and parking. New BIG market at the parking lot station. Great restaurants and bars with live music. Really nice people...this is too far from big cities for the weekender-bashers to drive in. I got here on Frontier direct into Telluride from Phoenix. Last time I flew into Montrose from Denver on United. Not expensive if you book in advance. I skiied all over Europe and all over the U.S. but I keep coming back to Telluride. I want to buy a condo here someday. I could live here. Oh, and a fabulous terrain park for boarders! (or skiiers like me), and my Skier-Lite friends love the long Green-Blue runs so nobody got bored for a whole ten days last season! I just can't say enough about the happiness I feel there. Oh, it is high. Town is 8700 ft, Village is 9500 ft, and the very top is 12,200 ft. From half the mountain you can see 150 miles into Utah. Every week is a new celebration in town, winter and summer. I guess you have to see for yourself. See ya there maybe.