by: anonymous_user - 1st January 2006

Wow! What can I say. This was my first time to Telluride and I am hooked! Unsurpassed scenic vistas, very professional staff, and terrian for every skill level. This was my first time skiing in 10 years. The green runs help bring it all back to me; it is just like riding a bike. The layout of the mountain is very intelligent. The East side are blues and blacks and the West side are greens and blues. On thing I found refreshing was the number of greens and blues from the top of the mountain all the way down to the base. I gives those who don't have expert ablity to go up and enjoy the views without bitting of more than they can chew on the way down and putting themselves and other in harms way. I really enjoyed the cruisers on the West side; my favorite was Galloping Goose, from the top of Palmyra down to Big Billie's. It was nice and wide, and groomed daily. Others include Sundance, Bridges, and Double Cabin. All were great beginner and intermediate cruisers. Prospect Bowl was also outstanding. It had an untaimed feel to it. You could stay on the marked trails and have a blast or you could make your own trails through the fresh powder. The East side terrian is progressively more difficult. From the blues off lift four, to the blacks off See Forever. Just for the record, I didn't attempt any blacks on purpose. I'm an intermediate and I'm okay with that. The blues were challageing enough for me to practice my skills and still burn my thighs. There are several spas with massages in Telluride and Mountain Village. The best thing about the mountain is NO, and I mean NO lift lines. In three days of skiing I did not have to wait more than two minutes at any one lift. Most of the time I just skied right to the chair and got on. This will maximize your time on the mountain; It felt like time stood still. All and all I feel the mountain layout and terrain will keep me coming back again and again. I did not get bored!!