by: Jimmy C - 2nd November 2007

At 52 I'm still skiing but my wife dosen't. We've been going to a different "big mountain" resort each year for the last 10 or so. We chose Telluride for the great mountain and great town. That way, my wife could check out the town while I skied with my son and his girlfriend. The mountain was alot of fun and the veiws were better than they promised.The Gondola system is a blast to ride day and night, back and forth, from the base lodge to town and back. My only complaint however, which may sound funny was the dog poop. There was poop almost everywhere in town. On the sidewalks, the lawns,the streets, even in the planters 2 feet above the sidewalk. We stayed at the Cimmeron with a slope view and even there, looking out at the lift area, A woman would let her dog run out all 5 mornigs and drop a bomb 30 feet from the lift where you put you ski's on. Don't get me wrong, our family has always had dogs but it was just alittle excessive. One of the many highlights of the trip was on the last day. We skied in a foot of fresh snow in the morning and then snowmobiled in a powder dump up to the old mining camp at 12,000 feet plus. For the first time my wife experianced being up on the mountain in a beautiful snow storm. Priceless!