Related Regions: Colorado, United States, North America

Steamboat Firsthand Reports

Firsthand, user-generated ski reports from Steamboat.

posted 2 years ago by Tom Miller

Hardly a world-class resort. Subpar at best. Getting here from Denver was a nightmare and even if you fork over the inflated airfare to fly into the local airport, you will probably be delayed for hours if the flight is not outright cancelled. If coming to colorado,save yourself the hassle. Stick to the front range or hit telluride.
posted 2 years ago by Dylan

Good I was just wondering cuz I don't even like the hike to St. Pats from the top of Morningside let alone going all the way from storm peak
posted 2 years ago by alick974

wolf creek may be smaller but it actually has steep runs and amazing snowfall. Boat is relatively flat and full of ppl who are in denial of that fact.
posted 2 years ago by Adam's iPhone

Voted best family resort by multiple sites. Steamboat is where I'm bringing my family for their first big ski trip. I'm Going on a quick guy trip to Alta/Snowbird to get my fix a few weeks before but think the family would like the resort/town of Steamboat better. Most all the mountains discussed on here are great. Just ski where you want and enjoy!
posted 2 years ago by a local

@Dylan - Most of the terrain accessable from the Morningside lift is already open and skiable with about a 10 minute hike from the Storm Peak lift. The reports I've heard(and what I've seen personally) about the chutes and adjacent side country(Way Rights, etc) have been great. I don't think there's any real doubt it'll be open with lift service by Christmas.