Steamboat Review

by: anonymous_user - Mar 8, 2008

Date Visited: Mar 8, 2008

Hey Steamboat parties of interest! I couldn't wait to visit the
“ski town USA”,
with that title I expected a super ski town and full all around ski experience, to include great terrain and resort.
Having grown up in small northern Idaho town and skiing at my local resort, that was never heard of outside Idaho or Montana I figured these other resorts must be much better. ........ NOT
Steamboat is rich in skiing history and is an excellent family mountain for intermediate cruising fun, with its many wide long runs that can easily be converted over for great racing.
The town is not ski town like at all and the mountain is okay at best, the steeps in bounds are super short lived and the famed tree skiing not even close to my local resort.
The lifts that access the upper intermediate terrain close at 3:15, what's up with that ......... it’s not even a place where people can get stuck in some back canyons.

My suggestion to an advance skier is do not waste your money, go else where, to a family it's a good especially mid week, but there still many better places for that as well.
The town and local area are most likely best in the summer months.

Signed: Montana / Wyoming skier!!