Steamboat Review

by: anonymous_user - Jan 23, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 23, 2008

I just have to post here, having returned from 5 days skiing in Steamboat. I found these reviews just before going there, and was worried about the comments describing unhelpful and unfriendly people. Nothing could be more wrong. The resort, the skiing, the instructors, the lift staff, ski school, bars, restaurants... everyone, everywhere was really great. We are from the UK and I will return - this beat all skiing anywhere that I have been in Europe, or in Stowe, Vermont, last year. Whereas Stowe had no apres-ski (a crucial European requirement), Steamboat was very lively.

My only complaint was that we accidentally picked a holiday weekend so it was fairly busy... but still not as busy as Europe always is. Lift queues mostly zero, but even when there were queues on the Saturday, they were fast. I can sympathise with the writer who wanted to use the staff line, but if they let one person, where do they stop? And it really wasn't far to get in line at the lift he mentioned. Also, despite the crowds, we were able to sit down and have wonderful, relaxing, civilised lunches at mountain restaurants such as Hazies and Ragners (I recommend arriving around 13:30).

My best skiing trip ever - we will return.
Jacky Pratt, Northampton, UK