by: tmalensek - 2nd January 2008

My family of 5 stayed (46 yr male, 42 yr female, children at 13, 12, and 6 yrs) at the "BearClaw 2" and the service and people there were outstanding - these are the kind of people or Angels that one hopes brings your Spirit to the Pearl Gates of Heaven! After dealing with the people who ran the resort....I can't say the same. Over the X-mas holiday, there was absolutely nobody waiting to take the "Sunshine Express", so my wife asked if we could take the "Staff" lane and save 30 yards of skating to the inlet of the lift - the operator responded, "Get in line like everybody else!" THE LINE WAS EMPTY! Furthermore, on the last day of skiing, my son of 13 was kicked out of line for not having a valid lift ticket. It was at 9:00AM so the wait was 30 minutes minimum to get on the Gondola. I went to the outside ticket booth to explain that I was issued a half day pass and 4 of 5 day ticket but the guy who issued the tickets made the mistake of issuing the 4 of 5 and the half day starting on the same day! I explained this numerous times to a number of ticket "Nazi's". After 90 minutes of waiting and explanation, the "supervisor" came out and said, "I don't believe these tickets came from the same coat!". I believe there maybe a number of people who try to cheap the system, unfortunately, I am not one of them. My suggestion is that if you work hard for your money and want to be treated as an honest skier that you don't go to Steamboat.