by: anonymous_user - 28th March 2008

My family and I learned to ski at Sol Vista. The instructors were excellent and teach a parallel method that is far superior to the typical snow plow taught to beginners. We all took different classes but got the same quality (superior) instruction. This was 3 years ago and we've never had to take another lesson! After reading the comments posted here, I watched the check-in process yesterday to make sure it hadn't changed in the years since we used the learn to ski program. Kids were checked in quickly and efficiently. After spending time on the tiny slope designed just for instruction, the instructors always stayed with the group on the slopes. The lifts are often slowed or stopped as kids from classes get on and off as to accomodate their needs. I am not skiing this trip but often sit at the base and watch the kids come down the mountain. There is no better place for a family. We have skiied Eldora and Winter Park this year and while Winter Park has longer and more challenging trails, it's impossible to keep track of your family. Sol Vista is a great place!