SolVista Golf & Ski Ranch (Silver Creek) Review

by: anonymous_user - Mar 24, 2008

Date Visited: Mar 24, 2008

I,my husband and some of his fmaily went to SolVista the third week in February 2008 and had a very mixed reviews. First of all, I will say that as beginner skier, I was happy with what the mountain had to offer. My husband and our friend that went with us got bored with it as they were more avid skiers. However, Winter Park is not far away and they had fun there for a day. On the other hand, the rest of the experience was not good. Our room was wrong, accoring to the reservation dep't, the kind of room we booked didn't really exist and therefore we had a much smaller condo than we had originally been told. The condo was very dated and many of the appliances did not function appropriately. The phone in the room was also questionable, as were the numbers to various departments in the resort that did not work. We also had a very hard time getting any new, clean towels and could not get an internet connection the whole time we were there. After battling with the resort all week, we were finally told that the internet was not available in our condo after being supplied a number of times with information regarding how to pull the internet up. The staff at our condo front desk really did not know anything at all. If we had questions, we were always transferred to another desk and never could get ahold of anyone. The maintenence staff was awesome and was very helpful. Other families also had a lot of trouble, including one family that was given the wrong room and when they left to get groceries and came back, another family had moved in and all their belongings were set by the front door (inside the room, however). My husband and his family had been to Sol Vista before and had never had this much trouble. Needless to say we will not be returning. The only good thing was the ease of learning to ski there, but that's about all.