SolVista Golf & Ski Ranch (Silver Creek) Review

by: anonymous_user - Feb 20, 2008

Date Visited: Feb 20, 2008

SolVista is a GREAT entry-level ski resort which also poses enough challenge to keep the more experienced members of your party entertained. We skied there and stayed at Mountainside the first week of February. It was a dads and daughters trip. (Dads forty-something, daughters both nine.) The kids ski school is top notch. Both kids have skied before, but I decided to put my daughter in for a refresher. It was well worth it. No time wasted learning how to put her skis on. Straight to the slopes. Great staff.

One of the best things about the resort is that all trails end at the lodge. This was important for me because nine year olds want to explore a bit on their own. There is no way for them to get lost at this resort. Did I mention that I did not wait in a lift line one single time in seven days? That was certainly a first for me.

Overall, a great experience and Winter Park is just up the road if you want a day or two of excess terrain. Not a whole lot to do apres-ski, but again Winter Park is just up the road.