Monarch Mountain Review

by: anonymous_user - Mar 31, 2008

Date Visited: Mar 31, 2008

I got a Monarch pass this year that gave me three days each at seven different resorts. Here it is, the end of March, and I've now hit all of them. The amazing part of the pass is that most of the places where you get the free days seemingly blow Monarch out of the water when you compare the acreage, vertical drop, number of trails, and number/speed of lifts. However, each time I went somewhere else, I would return to Monarch the following weekend thinking that I would be in for a comparitavely tame experience, and each time I was proven wrong by two things: First of all, the snow quality ALWAYS surpased any other resort's snow, and that feeling is hard to beat. Second, although the lifts are old and relatively slow, they are short enough that I've calculated that you can get from the top of any Monarch lift and back in fifteen minutes. That means you can get around 25 runs in a day if you keep at it. If you like to travel and you love good snow, then a Monarch season pass is the way to go!