Keystone Review

by: RippinSkiers - Nov 19, 2006

Date Visited: Nov 19, 2006

There are many people who think Keystone is amazing. For me, I have only had one great day there. We had fresh lines for hours. We had snow waist deep and higher in the Outback. We were exhausted by noon but had to keep going because it was a POWDER DAY! The terrain is nice on a powder day. The trees were fun to ski in. They are not too tight and you can find some great lines.

However, I have found many other times Keystone tends to get a bit icy for my liking. I rarely ski there unless I know I will get "freshies" and it seems to be rare for me I can get "freshies" at Keystone.

Keystone does have a Gondola. Their town is small but nice. There is a pizza shop on the opposite side of the highway from the mountain in a strip mall. This pizza restaurant is very reasonable with good food. They always have a nice home-made soup!

I suggest you try Keystone. If you don't want to walk too much from the parking lot, pay to park in the lot farthest away from A-Basin. It's worth the money if you like to be close to the lift! However, if you don't mind, the free lots are just fine. Yet, it's a hike to the Gondola.

Finally, Keystone has an amazing terrain park. If this is what you are seeking, get to Keystone ASAP!