Keystone Review

by: anonymous_user - Mar 29, 2007

Date Visited: Mar 29, 2007

I just returned from Colorado this week and a good part of my trip was spent at Keystone. I am a novice snowboarder (only been snowboarding once prior to my experience at Keystone), but I still managed to have a great time. The ski/ride school instructors are awesome. I had an instructor named Steve, and he had me going down greens by myself after the lesson. The gondolas are a great convenience especially at the end of the day if you are too exhausted to ski or board down to the bottom. I loved the gorgeous views too, we don't have anything like that here in Illinois. The town was nice, but a little pricy if you ask me. My one gripe is the large amount of children that hover around the beginner areas. Most of the time they tend to get in your way, and I had a couple of good wipeouts while trying to avoid decapitating a group of 5 year olds with my board that happened to ski into my path along with their instructor. Lines weren't bad, staff was friendly, hotel accomodations were great (I recommend staying at The Springs, IMO the best hotel at the resort). Loved it. I'll definitely be back next year and many years to come.