by: anonymous_user - 16th January 2008

I've been riding Eldora for years now. It's true that it is a resort that truly only the locals can love, and we have no problem with you gapers no coming here. I've rated everything a 5 just to cancel out the guy who rated everything a one, becasue he obviously has no idea what he is talking about, as I'm sure he didn't ride the terrain park, at was just posting that review with bogus ratings for no reasons. Now, I personally find Eldora to be a great place to learn simply because you are learning on crowded narrow terrain. Those skills you learn in doing to are going to carry over and help you ride on larger wider trails with more ease. The wind at Eldora does often present a problem, and can make conditions quite icy. The park is a bit lacking most years, and this year they seem to be lagging way behind with getting up features. This a small resort, and it seems many are expecting it to be Vail like, which is simply not going to happen due to the sheer lack of size and funds to make it so. All in all, it's far from the greatest resort in Colorado, but it's certainly better than anything I've ridden out East (the "Ice Coast" if you will).