I've been skiing Eldora for 15 years, both telemark/alpine and xc.
- close to home
- killer $120 college student season pass (xc and downhill)
- when it gets good snow, it's great, esp. on a weekday
- simple, no-frills, and good greasy caf food
- public transit from town for $3, now with a more convenient schedule
- the xc trails are challenging with lots of hills at 9000'; good for skating
- not ideal for beginners on weekends. There's very limited green terrain, and not much space. When I started telemarking, I was a lot happier at Copper and Winter Park.
- very expensive. $59 for a day pass is a lot, for limited terrain and often not-great snow, wind, and scraped hard-pack. You need some kind of deal to make it worthwhile skiing here.
- the xc trails have very few flat/rolling sections; many of these are further back. Can be hard for beginners.
- high winds can close down or delay the lifts. If this happens, you don't get your money back.