by: COSkier - 5th April 2013

none
poor snow, windy

I have lived and skied in Colorado for more than 35 years, during which time I visited the Eldora Ski Resort on a number of occasions. I frequently found icy, marginal snow conditions, and very windy, exposed ski runs. For those reasons I have chosen in recent years to ski elsewhere. However, at the urging of a friend from Boulder, Colorado (but against my better judgment) I purchased online a mid-week seasonal pass to Eldora. The pass was reasonably priced, and it would allow me to ski often with my friend. I gave Eldora my credit card number online to pay for the pass, which had to be picked up personally by visiting their retail store in downtown Boulder. That purchase was a big mistake. Unfortunately, because of my travel schedule, I missed most of the ski season in Colorado, and was not able to visit the store to acquire my ski pass. In March, I emailed Eldora and simply asked that they apply my store credit for the same ski pass, advertised at the same price, for the following year. They declined to do so, insisting that my store credit was not valid for any other purchase. So, they took my money, I got nothing in return, and I have gone back to my earlier thinking. The Eldora Ski Resort advertises their close proximity to the Colorado Front Range. But, why not drive an equal or even shorter distance (especially from Denver) to other areas such as Loveland, with lower prices, much better terrain, quality snow conditions, and ethical ski area management?