by: wolfie1997 - 26th February 2011

Something to do for everyone!
Little bit slushy when the sun shines.

Great family experience - my daughter skiied "free" - she's in fifth grade - with my husband. While they were investigating the beginner slopes, my other daughter (who hates downhill skiing) and I snowshoed the well-marked and sparsely populated snowshoe trails. The snow shoe trails offered a challenging, rear-end tightening incline and enough potential miles to trek to burn off a pasta dinner from the night before. The entire resort feels small enough to be friendly, but large enough to entertain. We brought our lunches and met back at the car (it's so convenient to do!), and we enjoyed our 45 minute ride home to Arvada with no stop-and-go traffic. The staff at the Nordic center was extremely pleasant. The only negative - hot cocoa and snacks were REALLY pricey at the lodge. Not as pricey as the movie theaters, but for what a lift ticket costs my husband, pricey nonetheless. Also, it's the only time I've ever paid to snowshoe. The positive side of this is that the ungroomed snowshoe trails are relatively empty of other hikers. We would repeat this experience in a heartbeat.