by: Michelle Humphrey - 22nd January 2011

Fantastic tree skiing and children's programs
short groomed runs

Eldora is a different kind of resort. Its one of those places where the locals go. You won't see pretentious ski outfits, or the most expensive skis, but you'll see amazing skiiers, and some of them are only 10 years old! I have skiied at resorts all over Colorado and Utah, and don't get me wrong, I love Vail and Alta, but Eldora is our local Boulder resort. There is no judgement at Eldora, and not much trash talk unless you are a teenager. This is the place where the CU ski team trains, the local teenagers go, and we all know each other and watch out for one another. Anyone that knows Eldora knows that West Ridge is one of the hairiest ski runs in the world... Moose glades and salto glades are for the most advanced skiiers. Tree skiing at Eldora is AWESOME! And for those learning how to ski, they have the best ski school ever. My kids started ski school at 4, and were skiing double blacks at 6 and 7. Eldora is one of Colorado's Gems, and you hardly ever see a lift line. I took my daughter to Vail when she was 9. We waited in the lift line for 5 minutes, and she said "I see what you mean, mom, the lift lines are horrible!". Take a look at Eldora. Keep an open mind... there is a lot of depth there; more than you could possibly imagine! Yes, I am a fan!!!