OK place to go

by: BSbost - Mar 19, 2009

Pros: Small and friendly

Cons: Hard to get to, no nightlife at all

Date Visited: Mar 1, 2009

I took 2 of my teenage boys during the first few days of spring break 2009. I was shocked in that outside of adding a new expensive small lodge, and a few townhouse/condos there had been very little change since our previous visit about 8 years ago. The mountain is small but ok. Even in early March was very icy though. Expect a much more New Mexico feel to things than Colorado. There are absolutely no facilities near and by near I mean within 20 miles with the exception of a limited choice high-priced older convenience store. Also there are no places to eat after around 5 o'clock in the evening with the exception of 1 place in the new lodge. My boys went out one evening around 7 to walk around and "check-out" the activities only to return about 20 minutes later saying everything was closed and they saw a total of 2 people while out and they thought both were workers. Unbelieving, I went out the next evening. Nothing is open after about 5 o'clock in the afternoon. If you want fun--you better bring it with you or just plan to ski.