Just The Best

by: jfoldno7 - Feb 21, 2009

Pros: Great Terrain, Long Runs, No Lines!

Cons: None

Date Visited: Mar 1, 2008

This is one of the few mountains I have visited that I have nothing negative to say about. I heard the mountain was under new ownership and since my last visit here 8 years ago I can say, wow what a difference. I do hope the mountain also moves forward with Snodgrass plan which will create even more intermediate terrain to choose from.

Hands down this mountain presents the best expert stuff you can find (without hiking). I have heard the complaint that there is not enough intermediate terrain here, but I sure haven't found that to be the case with any of my visits. Between the Prospect area, Paradise and East River, I'm not sure what anyone is complaining about.

The best part of my trip was finding no lines anywhere I went. I can't tell you how refreshing that is after sitting in lines for most of my visits to other western (and eastern) resorts. This mountain is great, it almost feels like a private club the services are so nice and the lines are so short.

If you haven't been to Crested Butte, or haven't been back in the past 5 years I highly recommend making the trip.