by: anonymous_user - 26th March 2007

I went to Crested Butte twice this season. Once in January during Christmas break and the other on March 25th. I used lodging in nearby Gunnison and drove to the mountain in the morning. There is plenty of lodging available at both locations but since I assume the lodging and restaurants are cheaper in Gunnison, I stayed there. Getting a vacation package deal for Crested Butte mountain would probably be the most cost-effective way to stay right at the mountain if you are looking to save some money. There is plenty of excellent lodging right at the slopes. You can also save money on lift tickets by getting them in Gunnison. There are many 2 for 1 deals. I can’t remember the last time I paid full price for lift tickets anywhere. Some of the supermarkets, gas stations, and motels/hotels sell discounted lift tickets. As far as the slopes are concerned, there are not just a few runs but there are a lot of runs of every type for every ability. There are at least four high-speed lifts which will guarantee more time on the snow than on the lifts and in lift lines as with some other resorts. The only problem I had is that I wish I could go more often.