by: lemcclendon - 8th January 2009

Colorado's Best Kept Secret
Crowded on Holidays

I have had the pleasure of frequently skiing at several of Colorado's resorts over the past seven years and overall I enjoy Copper the most. Why? Location (easy access right off of I-70), typically less crowds than other resorts (although if we keep writing great reviews, everyone will want to come), great parking with easy access to all mountain bases, terrain for all levels of skiers, family friendly, the Copper Bowls, after a good snow you can find nice stashes of powder...do I need to continue? I say Copper is Colorado's best kept secret due to the simple fact it is typically less crowded than the other area resorts and personally, I prefer to maximize my time on the slopes and not in lift lines or sitting in a lodge. I did not rate the terrain park because I have never used it! I tried to upload some more recent pics; however, they are too large and I do not have time to edit. Note, Copper is a fun place to visit in during the Summer too if you play golf; enjoy hiking, mountain biking...