by: sewardhorner - 9th September 2008

Family Friendly, Easy to move around, great prices, very laid back
night life

Copper has always been my favorite place to go when skiing with the family or with people of different ski levels. The mtn is fairly evenly divided into 3 sections of advanced, intermediate, and beginner. You can leave the beginners somewhat on their own without having to fear that they will venture off into trouble like at other resorts. Their "beginner" area is a great place for kids to learn to ski. They even managed to teach my 50+ year old in-laws how to ski. The atmosphere is unpretentious and the people are there to ski and not just to been seen. If you are taking a family skiing in summit county this is where i would highly recommend that you go. If you are looking for extreme terrain this is probably not the place for you. I have no experience with the terrain park so I make no recommendations for the boarders. It may not be the biggest, most difficult, or hippest but it has always been my favorite. I probably have a soft spot for it as this was our family destination during the christmas break growing up and now that I have kids I hope to start a tradition for them as well..