by: Simon - 9th April 2009

• Nightlife
Family friendly, excellent instructors, diverse terrain
Can be overcrowded

Breckenridge has become our family home away from home. Being an Australian who has relocated to Colorado for work we committed to learning to ski and snowboard during our time in the US. As such in 2007 the family (including at the time my six year old son) took skiing lesson followed in 2008 by the family taking snowboarding lesson. I believe that Breckenridge has to be one of the best places to learn to do both, not only for the terrain (which the mountain has a good variety of all terrain that you can progress through as abilities improve) but more so for the fabulous instructors that we had for both skiing and snowboarding. The ability of all of the instructors (that includes the instructors that taught my son) were second to none and they seem to be thoroughly knowledgeable, patient, understanding and most of all were great people that had fun with the students. I especially loved my day hiking (up to 45 mins at a time) with one of the instructors to some of the off beat runs and snowboarding through thigh deep powder. I definitely attribute the fun that our family has had to these instructors and there ability to teach. As a result I love now going on extreme terrain with my now seven year old son and experiencing something that is for me a once in a lifetime experience. P.S. If you have never skied or snowboarded before I recommend lessons and highly recommend the instructors at Breckenridge. With lessons it won't be long until you are having some of the best fun imaginable.